As Christians and especially Christian leaders, we are wanting people to come to faith alone in Christ and going on to become fully obedient worshippers of God. And we are wanting to help Christians to do the same…right? Right!
But so many times wanting to and wanting others to do it doesn’t translate into actually doing it ourselves…right? Right!
No one I know likes getting into a cold car in the dead of winter. That’s why auto makers manufacture cars with seat warmers and now steering wheel warmers. This makes taking a trip more comfortable.
So, today’s edition of Leadership Helps is to remind us to identify our ONE who we will lovingly serve for a gospel conversation. Of course, the best way is to use prayer to warm them up. While keeping our ONE in prayer, we could add the following ways to warm up our ONE to a gospel conversation.
- Take them out for a cup of coffee.
- Write a note of encouragement.
- Hand out notes of encouragement to those who serve you at grocery stores, restaurants, barbershop, hair salon, hardware store, etc., letting them know they are prayed for and loved by Jesus and you.
- Text how you can pray for them.
- Drop off a gift card for your ONE at their door and leave a hand-written note explaining why you did it.
- Type up a note saying you are offering to help your neighbors in any way they need. Leave it on neighbors’ doors. Offer to do yard work, run errands, etc. Ask for prayer requests. Put your contact information in the note.
- Anytime the Lord puts your ONE on your mind, stop to pray for them, then send a text or DM them to let them know you have prayed for them and ask how they are doing.
- What other ways can you serve your ONE? Let me know so I can add to my list those ways to serve my ONE too!
No doubt we can all agree this form of friendship evangelism still needs an actual GOSPEL conversation. Warming them up is just a vital first step. So, let’s get busy and serve our ONE with the gospel!